Meteors and Meteorites: Origins and Observations by Martin Beech lands on the |> SALE <| shelves in my shop.
The Crowood Press, 2006, Paperback.
Contains a glossary of terms. First in this, paperback, edition. Illustrated by way of: Black & White Photographs; Charts; Graphs; Diagrams; Tables;
From the cover: The Earth is bombarded both day and night by meteoroids and meteorites. These wayward bodies small fragments derived fro ageing comets and the collisions between asteroids are observed in the Earths upper atmosphere as meteors (shooting stars) and brilliant fireballs. Written with the amateur astronomer in mind including those do not wish to travel beyond the confines of their own back garden this book is about the observation and origin of these transient objects, the minutiae of the solar system.
Packed with step-by-step instructions, practical projects, photographs and diagrams, the book provides essential guidance and advice on:
- Visual observation and analysis of data
- Gathering scientifically useful data
- Seeking out and identifying meteors
- Photographing meteor trails and video-recording mete6roid impact flashes upon the Moon
- Fireball detection systems and designs for meteor detection systems using radio receivers
- Starting a micrometeorite collection
157 pages. Index. Bibliography. 9¼” x 6½”.
This book will be listed, sooner or later, for £6.50 on my delightful website… (added to my Astronomy category.) but get 50% off buying from my blog… below…