Cruise Control by Wensley Clarkson hits the £1 shelf in my shop.
Blake Publishing, 2003, Hardback in dust wrapper.
Illustrated by way of: Black & White Photographs;
From the cover: Over the last two decades, Tom Cruise has steered himself coolly through Tinseltown on a fairy-tale trip from poverty to superstardom. Of big-screen names today, hes one of the biggest. From the start, his fine acting, boy-next-door looks and nice-guy smile ensured him a place at the top of Hollywoods A-list and his increasingly brilliant and mature performances in films such as Vanilla Sky, Magnolia, Eyes Wide Shut and Minority Report have kept him there.
Yet beyond the impeccable manners and the charming smile, little is known of this publicity-shy, intensely private man, always at pains to keep his off-screen life to himself. Author Wensley Clarkson has spent years gathering interviews from around the world with those close to Tom and has unearthed a complex and intriguing character who, from his teens, has been driven by a potent combination of talent, hard ambition, past demons and the need for total control of every aspect of his life.
In Cruise Control, Wensley Clarkson reveals in depth:
- How the broken home and poverty of his childhood shaped Tom in fundamental ways that have affected him throughout his life.
- Toms early interest in the priesthood, his difficulties with women, and his involvement with the Church of Scientology.
- Complete accounts of the many women in his life, including an affair with a woman nearly twice his age, and the last word on the dark rumours surrounding his sex life.
- The controversial beliefs that masked a secret and shocking political ambition.
- Candid and surprising tales of Toms antics both on and off the screen.
- Toms marriage to Nicole Kidman, the real reason they adopted children, and the excruciating truth about the role Penelope Cruz played in the breakup.
Perceptively written, thoroughly researched, Cruise Control is required reading for anyone wishing to take an invaluable look into the life and mind of Hollywoods most brilliant and elusive star.
Very Good in Good+ Dust Wrapper. Gently bruised at the spine ends and corners with resultant slight wear to the dust wrapper. Pages lightly age-tanned.
Black boards with Silver titling to the Spine.
[XIX] 300 pages. 9½” x 6¼”.
This book will be listed, sooner or later, for £6.50 on my delightful website… (added to my Biography category.) but get 50% off buying from my blog… below…